Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year ~ 2009

I read on another blog that they don’t make resolutions; they make “goals”. I’m going to steal that and run. I decided to make goals for the New Year 2009.

To be more patient with my children. Life has become very hectic around here with me going back to work full time and when you are the only one disciplining and your children are pushing you to your limits, it has made me much more irritable. I’m going to re-read the books I have on discipline and maybe pick one up on single parenting and take it from there. I MUST learn how to do this, or the kids will never learn to respect me and they will fall into my habits, which I do not want either!

List the baby clothes on eBay. They are piled in my room in boxes and it is driving me INSANE! Hopefully this will be the first one that will be accomplished.

Schedule myself times for working out. Whether it is walking/running on the treadmill or doing an aerobic video, I NEED to get back into working out regularly. If I don’t plan to do so, then when it gets time at night, I’m too tired. If I have it “scheduled” I’ll feel more obligated to do so, since I have it planned. I’d also like to look into the Y and see if I can get any single parent assistance. I’d love to join the Y for both me and the girls, but can’t afford it.

Plan better meals / cook more. Since being back to work full time, I have not been good at cooking as much. I used to always cook and have good meals every night. We’ve eaten cereal for dinner more times in the past month or two than we have in the past 5 years! My mom got me a new Crockpot that has a timer, so I’m going to pull out some recipes and get cracking on making better meals for dinner!

Lose weight! I need to start tracking for Weight Watchers again. I have really let myself go and not been paying attention as to what I’m eating lately. I’ve still been good at the not getting fast food, but I’ve been snacking way more than I’d like to and eating after I’ve already eaten dinner is another big thing I’ve gotten back into that is BAD! I’d really like to see another 20-30 pounds come off of my body!

Go to church more regularly. I have really gotten away from getting to church and I really want my girls to grow up with the catholic foundation that I grew up with. I think it’s a great way to get out and see if there are groups that the girls and I can get involved in and meet some new people.

I plan on thinking of more, but this is my start. I’d like to constantly make and achieve goals for myself this year. This is the year of ME and how I’m going to thrive and become very independent with all the things that I thought I couldn’t do.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the patience thing. I'm just awful at it. I'm getting a little better, but I lose my cool way too easy and gotta get it in check. Hope you have good luck w/ all of it!

    ReplyDelete