Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bad week

A friend of mine watched a Dr. Phil episode where the family's father had gone to prison. The mom told the children that adults have rules and their dad broke the rules and he had to go somewhere that was going to teach him what is right and wrong.

While I'm not so sure about telling my daughters that yet, I have told them that he has gone away for work and he won't be back for a while.

I'm struggling. Being on my own is hard. Being on my own with two young children is even harder.

My oldest daughter is having a tough time without her dad. She broke down two different nights last week crying for her dad. This just isn't right to be dealing with the emotions for a four year old. My heart breaks for her. I'm having a hard time, because I'm left alone to have to deal with a four year old and these emotions.
Last week was a bad week. First it was the door, then the coffee pot, then the kitchen faucet, then my phone line.

I called the phone company and it was going to cost me $150 just to have a technician come out to look at it.

Luckily my friend's husband was able to come over and look at it and fix the line for me! Then, he fixed the door AND replaced my faucet!

This is the same man who had to walk me into my house because I drank too much at my company dinner. And SHE says he's a pain in the ass! I think I owe him something, maybe a small gift card somewhere!

I'm not going to make this into a long post, as I could (and probably should), because there is a lot of explanation behind what is going on. My emotions are all over the place and I've had a long 9 months. I'm already exhausted and I've got 3 more years to go.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness honey! What the heck happened?! I hope you're doing okay and know that we're here to listen if you need us to. Okay, well at least I am :)

    Keep your chin up and know there's lots of people who care!

    ReplyDelete