Sunday, December 21, 2008

Very Accomplished

On Friday, I was quite nervous that we were heading into the last weekend before Christmas, and I had not wrapped one single present. I also was nervous that I had to make a ka-trillion cookies for a party on Sunday, and for the Christmas week. I thought for sure, I'd be pulling an all-nighter somewhere in there.

But, I skipped my Weight Watcher meeting on Saturday (which I probably shouldn't have done, considering the amount of cookies and food I consumed this weekend, maybe I would have been a little more cautious). And I started baking from the minute I got up with the girls. We made like 50 sugar cookies, frosted and sprinkled. Chocolate Chip Cookies, with M&Ms and some with Hershey kisses and rice crispy treats.

Then on my lucky streak, my mother called me and asked if they could take the girls to the mall. You don't have to ask me twice! I got them ready and they were gone for two glorious hours! And in those two hours I wrapped and wrapped and wrapped some more! I have pretty much all of their Christmas presents wrapped now (and I still can't find that one stinkin' bag. I'm starting to think those will be Easter presents at this point).

I feel so relieved and now I can go into these last few days before Christmas not so stressed. Although that gives me lots more time for thinking, which is not so good these days either...

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel so nice to just have crap done? I've lost gifts a time or two, too, then found them just in time for the next Christmas :)

    Glad grandma took the girls, too. I'd love it if I got that question!!!

    ReplyDelete